Sons of Confederate Veterans - Fort Blakeley Camp #1864
SCV logo

Next Meeting:
June 11, 2024
Gift Horse Restaurant
Foley, Al

Find a camp near you!

Enter zip code:


Membership in the Sons of Confederate Veterans is open to all male descendants of any veteran who served honorably in the Confederate armed forces. Membership can be obtained through either lineal or collateral family lines and kinship to a veteran must be documented genealogically. The minimum age for full membership is 12, but there is no minimum for Cadet membership. 
Applicants should submit an application form, along with a detailed genealogy describing your relationship to the veteran, and proof of his service. 

To obtain proof of his service, contact the archives of the state from which the soldier fought and obtain a copy of the veteran's military service record. All Southern state's archives have microfilm records of the soldiers who fought from that state, and a copy of the information can be obtained for a nominal fee. In addition, the former Confederate states awarded pensions to veterans and their widows. All of these records contain a wealth of information that can be used to document military service. 

Please note that finding someone listed in the rosters with the same name as your ancestor does not constitute proof (John Jones from Tennessee). You must use accepted standards of genealogical research to demonstrate that the two men are, in fact, the same. 

Please contact us if you need genealogical assistance.

Download an application here.

Men or women without a Confederate soldier as an ancestor who still want to support the Sons of Confederate Veterans may still join as a heritage guard member.  Application is the same as regular members and can be downloaded above.  Mark them as 'Heritage Guard Member'.

The camp will only admit as cadet members, boys who are up to and including 11 years of age who have proper and documented ancestors and are sponsored by a SCV camp member or associate member who is current.  Young men 12 and older must join as regular compatriots.

Proper and documented ancestors means that a cadet applicant must present copies of the ancestor's war service record, i.e. (Muster Roll) or an approved pension for him or his widow. Ancestors must have been serving military officers or enlisted men.

Confederate or State politicians, government workers or non-military signers of Articles of Confederation are not acceptable as veteran ancestors.
(Per International Headquarters Sons of Confederate Veterans)

Download an application here.

© 2016—2024 Fort Blakeley Camp #1864, Sons of Confederate Veterans